Thursday, April 7, 2016

empty plates

Food should be a  very important part of everyone's diet.

 Because I believe in that statement I eat food basically every day here in Israel and sometimes it looks good enough to take a photo of it (other times I just take photos to show my mom that I am able to cook). Please excuse the blurry photos.

I decided for some reason people follow food blogs so why not make a blog of my food. And so here is a blog post that will hopefully make you hungry.

Also, I hope this shows you that there is more to eat in Israel than just falafel and shwarma and pita... not to mention that those foods taste amazing and not to mention that I eat 12 shekel falafel regularly at one of the best falafel places in the world which is right across the street from where I am staying.

First, as an aspiring business major I would like to broadcast the evidence that I support small business in Israel and not just small business but future entrepreneurs in this the Startup Nation:
IMG_5786
I support small business. Later they tried to sell me cupcakes. #startupnation
IMG_5313
Eating what is called "St. Peter's Fish" right by the Sea of Galilee with some French guys who I pretend not to know. 
IMG_5326
This. This is a Nutella filled crepe. It was warm, the chocolate was melting, and I was hungry (and now you're craving Nutella)
IMG_5405
Nothing like some homemade Spanish Tortilla (or Spanish Omlette), potatoes and mayonaise, toasted pita, grilled mushrooms, etc... basically we prepared eggs and potatoes in every known to man.
IMG_5410
Lamb kebab focaccia. One of the most delicious pieces of bread I have ever tasted.
IMG_5619
I did not take this picture (which is why it isn't blurry), but this is grilled halloumi from Aroma which is basically the Israeli version of Starbucks which Israeli's claim is superior. I don't drink coffee so I don't really care.
IMG_5709
Don't be deceived. This is not a picture of a grapefruit. This is art.
IMG_5733
A burger. If only there was bacon on it. If only...
IMG_5750
Pictured: seafood dumplings. Not pictured: best customer service in all of Israel.
IMG_5851
Cooking means eating. Some marinated steak, rice, and sweet potato "crisps".
IMG_5864
Rice, steak, grilled red peppers and zucchini.
IMG_5905
Chicken fettuccine with mushrooms = yum in the tum.
BENEDICTS. 
This restaurant gets its own little section because they serve breakfast all day every day (one of the few 24/7 restaurants in Israel) and they always greet you with "Good Morning!" Basically, its heaven on earth as you will witness in the following photos. I mean they gave us free samples of french toast with maple syrup while we waited outside during our 1 hour wait to get into the place...

IMG_5776
Even dogs understand how good this place is. I looked just like this dog while waiting for my food.


IMG_5778
Matthew ready for some breakfast for lunch.
IMG_5796
Nathan admiring Matthew's shakshuka (a delicious breakfast food you should look up on google or see upper right hand corner in photo below) and wishing his food would hurry up so he can stuff his face. Feat. Alexandre with indian braids.



IMG_5823
Heaven on earth. Photo curtesy of professional food blogger Zacharie Amsellem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment